? ??????????????Butterflies? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.8 (180 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 13204 Total Grabs. ?????
?Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Backyard Summers? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (4 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 4056 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????1? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, February 25, 2008

Learning 2.0 - RSS

Creating a RSS seems to be quite simple - managing it seems a little harder. I can't quite seem to work out how to get rid of the feeds once I've read them. I tried the "help", but still can't do it.
I subscribed to the Powerhouse Museum's picture of the day, as well as some preset feeds from Bloglines including the Librarians' Internet Index and a comic of the day and joke of the day. I found a site which has free craft projects for kids, which I'll use as I'm co-ordinator of Storytime. I also subscribed to a few book & movie review feeds. I must admit, having 10 feeds for each site pop-up within seconds of validating my membership was a little daunting - though I did find something straight away that I could use.
Once I figure out how to manage the feeds, I'll be a lot happier.

2 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

Dear Tracy

If you hit Mark All Read, your feeds will disappear!

I think the secret to managing the potential overload is to be quite ruthless with your feeds - if they don't give you something useful every (let's say) 3 days, scrap 'em!!

Victoria

tracy24 said...

Thanks for that advice. Sometimes the answer is just staring you in the face!